What does an all-local plate look like?
This, my friends:
From the peas to the eggs, everything in this pic came from New Mexico farms. And it all went from plant to plate in less than 30 minutes. Finished off with a fresh peach - juicy.
Have at it!
-coconut oil or olive oil
-2 handfuls of peas (sugar snap or snow, leave in shell)
-3 sprigs of mint leaves (torn from stems)
-2 TBSP lemon juice
-lambsquarters (torn from stems)
-4-5 squash blossoms, chopped (without stems)
1) Heat oil of choice in pan over medium-high heat
2) Once hot, sautee the peas in oil with sea salt and pepper
3) Add lemon juice to the peas
4) Add mint leaves, lambsquarters, and squash blossoms - stir all around
5) Cover pan with lid and reduce heat to medium-low
6) Heat more oil in a separate pan